Merdeka Generation Package
The Merdeka Generation Package (MGP) was announced in Budget 2019 to thank the Merdeka Generation (MG) for their contributions to our nation, and show our care for them in their silver years. It provides benefits to help MG seniors stay healthy and active, with better assurance over future healthcare costs.
Close to 500,000 Singaporeans will benefit from the MGP.
The MGP is for Singaporeans who:
- Were born from 1 Jan 1950 to 31 Dec 1959 (i.e. 60 to 69 years old in 2019); and
- Became Singapore citizens on or before 31 Dec 1996.
The MGP is also extended to Singaporeans who:
- Were born on or before 31 Dec 1949 (i.e. 70 years old and above in 2019); and
- Became Singapore citizens on or before 31 Dec 1996; and
- Do not receive the Pioneer Generation Package.
Eligible Merdeka Generation seniors would have received hardcopy letter notifications on their MGP benefits in April 2019. They would have also received their Merdeka Generation Card and Welcome Folder, containing more details on the benefits, in late June 2019.
Check your eligibility for the Merdeka Generation Package below.
Merdeka Generation Package Benefits
Merdeka Generation seniors can look forward to the following benefits:
One-time $100 PAssion Silver card top-up
$200 MediSave top-up each year (2019 to 2023)
More subsidies at CHAS clinics, polyclinics, and public Specialist Outpatient Clinics (SOCs)
Additional MediShield Life premium subsidies
Additional CareShield Life participation incentive
Find out more about the Merdeka Generation Package at www.merdekageneration.sg.