Merdeka Generation Package
The Merdeka Generation Package (MGP) was announced in Budget 2019 to thank the Merdeka Generation (MG) for their contributions to our nation, and show our care for them in their silver years. It provides benefits to support MG seniors to age
actively and purposefully, with better assurance over future healthcare costs.
Close to 500,000 Singaporeans will benefit from the MGP.
The MGP is for Singaporeans who:
- Were born from 1 Jan 1950 to 31 Dec 1959 (i.e. 60 to 69 years old in 2019); and
- Became Singapore citizens on or before 31 Dec 1996.
The MGP is also extended to Singaporeans who:
- Were born on or before 31 Dec 1949 (i.e. 70 years old and above in 2019); and
- Became Singapore citizens on or before 31 Dec 1996; and
- Do not receive the Pioneer Generation Package.
There is no need to check your eligibility now. Eligible MG seniors will receive hardcopy letter notifications on their MGP benefits by April 2019, and their MG Welcome Folder and Card from June 2019.
Merdeka Generation Package Benefits
- PAssion Silver Card Top-up
- One-off $100 top-up, which can be used to pay for courses and active ageing programmes at Community Clubs, access to public swimming complexes, public transport, and at other EZ-Link merchants.
- More details on how to receive the top-up can be found in the MG Welcome Folder, which MG seniors will receive from June 2019.
- MG seniors who have yet to reach their 60th birthday will receive a PAssion Silver invitation pack during their birthday month.
- Annual MediSave Top-up
- $200 top-up every year, from 2019 to 2023.
- Additional outpatient care subsidies
- Special CHAS subsidies at CHAS GP and dental clinics, which are higher than the current CHAS Blue subsidies. More details will be announced at MOH’s Committee of Supply (COS).
- Additional 25% off subsidised bills at polyclinics and public Specialist Outpatient Clinics (SOCs).
- Additional MediShield Life (MSHL) premium subsidies
- Additional 5% subsidy for annual premiums, increasing to 10% after MG seniors turn 75 years old.
- Together with existing subsidies, MG seniors in lower-income or retiree households will receive up to 40% subsidy off their MSHL premiums in 2019, and up to 60% in future as they age.
- Additional CareShield Life (CSHL) participation incentive
- Additional $1,500 participation incentive to help MG seniors join CSHL.
- Together with the previously announced participation incentive of $2,500, MG seniors will receive a total of $4,000 in participation incentives if they decide to join CSHL when it becomes available in 2021.
- This is in addition to means-tested premium subsidies MG seniors will receive.
Find out more about the Merdeka Generation Package at www.merdekageneration.sg.
If you require more information, please contact us at 1800-2222-888 (general enquiries) / 1800-650-6060 (healthcare benefits), or email us at email@example.com.