The Ministry of Finance is seeking views and suggestions from Singaporeans in preparation for Budget 2018. Individuals, households, and businesses are welcome to provide feedback on issues such as how our businesses can compete, how our people can seize new opportunities, how we care for and support one another, and how we plan for future needs.
2. MOF's Budget website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg) is now online as well for the public to access latest updates on Budget 2018, as well as general information on the Singapore national budget process.
Budget 2018 Feedback Channels
3. The public can provide views through various channels. Starting from Monday, 4 December 2017, Singaporeans can visit the REACH Pre-Budget 2018 microsite (www.reach.gov.sg/budget2018) to submit their views. The six-week feedback exercise will conclude on Friday, 12 January 2018.
4. During the feedback period, REACH will organise nine Pre-Budget 2018 Listening Points across Singapore. These Listening Points are easily accessible, open booths for Singaporeans to give their views in person. Details of the Listening Points are below:
|Date & Time
|09 Dec 17 (Saturday) 9.30am - 11.30am
||Cheng San Market and Cooked Food Centre
(527 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, Singapore 560527)
|10 Dec 17 (Sunday) 9.30am - 11.30am
||Jurong West 505 Market & Food Centre
(505, Jurong West Street 52, Singapore 640505)
|10 Dec 17 (Sunday) 9.30am - 11.30am
||The Marketplace @ 58
(58 New Upper Changi Road, Singapore 461058)
|15 Dec 17 (Friday) 11.30am - 2.00pm
||Lau Pa Sat (16 Raffles Quay, Singapore 048582)
|16 Dec 17 (Saturday) 10.00am - 12.00pm
||Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre (20 Ghim Moh Raod, Singapore 270020)
|16 Dec 17 (Saturday) 9.30am - 11.30am
||North Bridge Road Market and Food Centre (861 North Bridge Road, Singapore 198783)
|17 Dec 17 (Sunday) 9.30am - 11.30am
||Marine Parade Central Market & Food Centre (84 Marine Parade Central, Singapore 440084)
|09 Jan 18 (Tuesday) 11.30am - 2.00pm
||Tanjong Pagar Plaza concourse area (1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, Singapore 082001)
|12 Jan 18 (Friday)
11.30am - 2.00pm
||Singapore Management University, near Kou Fu Foodcourt
(70 Stamford Road, Singapore 178901)
5. REACH will also organise a Pre-Budget 2018 Conversation with members of the public on Tuesday, 5 December 2017. The Conversation will be hosted by Ms Indranee Rajah, Senior Minister of State in the Ministry of Law and Ministry of Finance, and Mr Sam Tan, Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Manpower. Mr Sam Tan is also REACH Chairman.
6. A Pre-Budget Facebook Q&A session has been planned for Thursday, 4 January 2018 from 8.00pm to 9.00pm. Members of the public are welcome to join in the chat hosted on the REACH Facebook page (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore). The Q&A will be chaired by Mr Liang Eng Hwa, Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) for Finance and Trade & Industry, and a member of the REACH Supervisory Panel, and by Ms Cheryl Chan, a member of the GPC for Finance and Trade & Industry.
7. In addition, Singaporeans can give their views and suggestions for the coming Budget 2018 via the following channels:
Charting a path into the future
8. "Budget 2018 provides a good opportunity for us to review Singapore’s progress and to chart a path into the future",
said Minister for Finance Mr Heng Swee Keat.
9. Minister Heng added:
“Our investments in education, health care and in our neighbourhoods enable our people to have a higher quality of life.
We are enhancing Government support and building stronger community networks to better care for and support one another.
We will also continue to invest in our economic transformation and infrastructure, so that Singaporeans can benefit from Asia’s growth
and technological progress.
We must plan ahead – to restructure the economy, create good jobs and build a sense of community.
I welcome all to join in this conversation. Let’s build an endearing home and a vibrant city, and create a better future together.”
Last updated on 13 Dec 2017