The Ministry of Finance is seeking views and suggestions from all Singaporeans in preparation for Budget 2016. The Budget will be presented by Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat in Parliament on Thursday, 24 March 2016. Individuals, households, and businesses are welcome to provide feedback on issues such as how we can best develop Singaporeans and help local companies grow through innovation and internationalisation.
2. MOF has also launched the Budget 2016 website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg), through which the public can access the latest updates on Budget 2016, as well as general information on the Singapore national budget process. The website features the new Budget logo, which is designed by a local Polytechnic student [See here for further details]
Feedback on Budget 2016
3. Starting from Monday, 1 February 2016, interested contributors can visit the REACH Pre-Budget 2016 microsite (www.reach.gov.sg/Budget2016) to submit their views online. The Budget feedback exercise will close on Friday, 26 February 2016.
4. In addition, MOF and REACH will stage three Pre-Budget 2016 Listening Points across Singapore from 17 to 21 February 2016. The Listening Points are centrally-located open booths for all Singaporeans to share their views. Details of the Listening Points are presented below:
|Date & Time
|17 February 2016, Wednesday
(11.30am – 2.30pm)
|Raffles Place Park,
outside Chevron House
(30 Raffles Place)
|20 February 2016, Saturday
(11.00am – 7.00pm)
|Toa Payoh Hub Mall,
opposite Vincent Watch
(#01-31, 500 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh)
|21 February 2016, Sunday
(9.00am – 5.00pm)
|Yew Tee Square,
(#02-220, Block 624 Choa Chu Kang Street 62)
5. REACH will host a Pre-Budget Conversation on Wednesday evening, 17 February 2016, where members of the public will discuss their suggestions for the coming Budget. The Conversation will be graced by Senior Minister of State for Finance & Law Ms Indranee Rajah and REACH Chairman Mr Sam Tan.
6. The following week, REACH will host a Pre-Budget Facebook Q&A session on Monday, 22 February 2016, from 12.30 to 2.00pm. The Q&A will be chaired by Mr Liang Eng Hwa, Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) for Finance and Trade and Industry, and Ms Sun Xueling, a member of the GPC. Members of the public are welcome to join the ‘live’ Q&A session on REACH’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore).
7. Singaporeans can also give their views and suggestions for the coming Budget 2016 via the following channels:
Last updated on 01 Feb 2016