Singapore’s FY2016 Budget Statement will be delivered by Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat, on Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 3.30pm in Parliament.
2. The Budget Speech will be broadcast 'live' over Channel NewsAsia, with Mandarin interpretation on dual sound mode, and over the radio on 938Live. A ‘live’ webcast of the Speech will be available on the Singapore Budget Website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg), on the Channel NewsAsia website (www.channelnewsasia.com), and on MediaCorp’s Toggle interactive service (www.toggle.sg). The ‘live’ webcast of the Budget Speech can also be viewed on the Singapore Budget mobile application, which is available for download on both the iOS and Android platforms.
3. MOF has engaged the Singapore Association for the Deaf (SADeaf) to provide simultaneous sign language interpretation of the Budget Speech. Those who wish to tune in to the sign language interpretation may select the relevant viewing option on the Singapore Budget website or mobile application.
4. There will be continuing real-time updates of key announcements from the Budget Speech on the MOF Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MOFsg) and the MOF Twitter account (www.twitter.com/MOFsg). To view Budget-related tweets and postings, the public may use the hashtag #SGBudget2016.
5. The public may visit the Singapore Budget website and subscribe to the Budget Statement mailing list to receive the full Budget Statement via email after it has been delivered. This free service will be available for sign up from now until the end of Wednesday, 23 March 2016.
Feedback on Budget
6. Following the delivery of the FY2016 Budget Statement on 24 March 2016, the public can submit their views on the announced Budget initiatives through any of the feedback channels below:
7. REACH will organise a Post-Budget Public Forum on Wednesday evening, 30 March 2016, with Senior Minister of State for Finance & Law Ms Indranee Rajah and REACH Chairman Mr Sam Tan, to discuss the announced Budget measures.
8. The following day, on Thursday, 31 March 2016 at 7.30pm, there will be a ‘live’ Facebook chat on the REACH Facebook page (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore) for members of the public to share their feedback on the Budget. The chat will be hosted by REACH Vice-Chairman Mr Baey Yam Keng, REACH Supervisory Panel Member Mr Amrin Amin, and Ms Sun Xueling, a member of the Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) for Finance and Trade & Industry.
9. In addition, the public can provide their feedback at the following REACH Listening Points:
|Date & Time
|17 February 2016, Wednesday
(11.30am – 2.30pm)
|Raffles Place Park,
outside Chevron House
(30 Raffles Place)
|20 February 2016, Saturday
(11.00am – 7.00pm)
|Toa Payoh Hub Mall,
opposite Vincent Watch
(#01-31, 500 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh)
|21 February 2016, Sunday
(9.00am – 5.00pm)
|Yew Tee Square,
(#02-220, Block 624 Choa Chu Kang Street 62)
10. For more details, the public can email email@example.com or visit REACH’s Budget 2016 microsite at www.reach.gov.sg/Budget2016.
Last updated on 22 Mar 2016