Download Complete Speech in Acrobat Format (356 kb)
Table of Contents
1. Mr Speaker, Sir, I would like to thank all members for their views over the course of this two-and-a-half day debate. There have been many useful comments, both on the broad themes of the Budget, and also many specific comments - some to do with housing, MCYS schemes, MTI issues and others. Many of these specifics will be taken up during the Committee of Supply.
2. I would like to concentrate in my response today on the broad themes that have come up in the course of the debate:
- First, how we can support our SMEs in transforming themselves over the next decade.
- Second, how we should tackle the challenge of inequality
3. I will also address the questions that many Members have raised regarding the Government’s expenditure of $1.1b over the next 10 years to expand public bus capacity.