The Budget 2013 website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg) was launched today, as part of an exercise aimed at garnering public views and suggestions ahead of Budget 2013. Through this exercise, the Ministry of Finance (MOF) wishes to reach out to Singaporeans and businesses for their views on issues and suggestions relating to taxes and public spending for Budget 2013.
2. MOF will also organise the online Budget Quiz which was well-received by the public this year. Through the interactive quiz, MOF hopes to raise awareness of the Budget process and public financing issues, as well as provide interesting nuggets of information on how the Government manages and allocates our limited resources.
Budget 2013 OutREACH efforts
a. Public Consultation
MOF, in partnership with REACH, welcomes views and suggestions on issues that the public feels are relevant for Budget 2013. The channels available include new media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, as well as discussion forums on REACH's Budget website (www.reach.gov.sg/budgetsg), among others. The list of feedback channels on REACH include:
- REACH Budget website
- REACH Singapore Twitter (#SGBudget)
- SMS to 9-SPEAK-UP (9-77325-87)
- REACH Singapore Facebook
- Email (mailto:email@example.com)
- Toll-Free Hotline at 1800-226-0806
b. Budget Quiz 2013
Covering themes ranging from the Budget process, economic, tax and social policies as well as resource management (e.g. policies on fiscal resources and reserves), 4 mini weekly quizzes will be held every Wednesday on the Budget 2013 website at (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg) starting from 2 January 2013. Participants will stand to win prizes each week if they answer all the questions correctly.
This year, in addition to the 4 weekly quizzes, Budget Quiz 2013 takes on a Final Quiz round which will be launched on 30 January 2013. The Final Quiz will feature a new “Hall of Fame” for high scorers.
3. More details of the public consultation and the Budget Quiz are available at the Budget 2013 website.